Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Last Post of the Year

A quick one to round out 2014. I might do some sort of “year in review”-type post tomorrow when I have a little more time, but for now I just wanted to check in with a final thanks to all who continue to stop by here day after day, week after week, month after month, and year after year.

One reason why my time is short today is that Vera and I spent much of it putting the finishing touches on the fence we’ve been building on the “back forty” (something I’ve alluded to a couple of times already). We had wooden posts put in all around -- that above is a pic of the fellows hammering them home with the Bobcat -- then I pounded in the metal t-posts in between, added clips, and then strung up our braided poly-rope.

Was one of those jobs that initially looks very daunting, then becomes less impossible-seeming once you get started, then turns arduous when finally getting close to putting in those last posts. My arms felt like they were about to fall off by the end, making putting in that last post especially satisfying.

Has been another long year of posts here as well. Walking back through today, it looks as though this one makes 275 in all for 2014. Lot of miles traversed as well, with trips to Deauville, Niagara Falls, Viña del Mar, Montreal, Panama City, Lima, Jacksonville, and St. Kitts. (But no Las Vegas!)

Enjoy ringing out the old and ringing in the new, everybody!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.