Monday, January 04, 2016

Back in the Bahamas

Hello from rainy Nassau!

After enduring one of the wettest months in North Carolina history -- including a day of more than two inches’ worth of rain just before the new year -- I’m now down in the Bahamas where wet stuff has followed me once again.

Was cloudy on arrival, although there was some blue up there as I made my way from the Lynden Pindling International Airport over the bridge to Paradise Island and the Atlantis, my home-away-from-home for the next couple of weeks. Will be here from start-to-finish for the 2016 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure, where the 100-plus event schedule gets up and running on Wednesday.

Got checked in without any problems, but before I could seriously consider putting on the swim trunks the clouds took over, and now as the sun is about to set there’s a steady rainfall drumming down on the resort. Still, it’s nice to be landed and to have a chance to rest and relax a bit before the long workdays begin.

Everything seems familiar, in fact especially so. As though it hasn’t been a whole year since I was here. Am curious to see who comes out, how the fields shape up, and how the whole sucker plays out as usual. But I’m most looking forward to getting back together with many friends and colleages, some of whom I haven’t seen since last January.

Looking forward to the sun coming back out later in the week, too. More to come.

Image: Weather.com.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.